Sunday, 29 November 2009

Prop making: A log

On Monday 5th October I finally decided what my film was about, and what props I needed. I was going to film the majority of it on the school trip which was on the 7th. For these scenes I needed a Bird mask and a Bird, this is a log of the prop making.

MONDAY PERIOD 1: I paper-mâchéd a plain white mask provided by Mrs. Kearns to make it sturdy

I then made a beak out of card board as the mask didn't have a beak, then I paper-mâchéd that.

Monday Period 2: Once I had completed 4 layers of paper-mâché I left it to dry on the radiator and began to work on the actual bird.

This is the icky gloopy stuff I had to dip my newspaper into to stick it to the mask, I believe its called cellulose, sprinkle a bit of the powder into water and ta-DA!

The mask with all the layers.

The un paper-mâchéd bird prop, I made this by screwing up newspaper and fixing it together with cellotape, I added a card board tail and a card board beak. I was about to paper-mâché it but then the bell went and I had to pack up, Oh no!

Mrs. Kearns kindly leant me a packet of cellulose to take home and carry on making my bird.

Without the beak.

Me doing the bird at home with a cup of tea.

Nearly done.

I needed to put the bird somewhere warm so it could dry ready for painting tomorow, this is a picture took before I put it in the green house.

I had to take it out over night so it wouldn't go damp.
Tuesday night: We decided to use spray paint as it was quicker and the Diploma trip was the day after. This is a little hut my mum made so I didn't spray paint the lawn!

Me spray painting the bird.

Half done.



The completed mask.

Completed products ready for Formby, not the Bird now has eyes made from red sequins and feet made from brown pipe cleaners!

No comments:

Post a Comment