Sunday, 29 November 2009

A little introduction

Hello and welcome to my CREATIVE AND MEDIA DIPLOMA: UNIT 4 BLOG. During this course I will be doing reviews of a section of Horror/Thriller/Fantasy films, comparing them to modern technology, historical events and directors, I will be doing a lot of research on well know directors and surreal artists and in the end making my own film. To do a course on these genres of film, I need to know a little about them before hand so here is a list of Horror/Fantasy/Thriller films I have watched:

HORROR FILMS I HAVE WATCHED:

-Final destination

-The Mummy

-The Thir13teen Ghosts

-28 days later

-Eight Legged freaks

-The Eye

-Chucky

-Saw III


THRILLER FILMS I HAVE WATCHED:

-Mulholland Dr.

-Scream

-Donnie Darko

-The Bourne Identity

-Triple X

-Kill Bill VOL.1

-The Eye (Thriller and Horror)


FANTASY FILMS I HAVE WATCHED:

-Twilight

-Cirqe de freak

-Donnie Darko (Thriller and Fantasy)

-The Mask

-Son of the Mask

-Night at the Museum

-Pirates of the Caribbean

-Harry Potter 1,2,4 and 4

-New Moon


These aren't all the films I have ever watched, obviously or that would take forever to list them all because I am a film nerd! I just love them! But these are the ones that have stuck out in my mind and I have placed to that genre.
What do all these films have in common? They are all modern! These films all have great special effects, HD camera's and so on. I don't see any cult classics in that list because I have never been a fan of old horror/thriller/fantasy films because I have never found them that scary, because times have changed and so has technology but saying that I don't think I've watched a cult classic or an old film for that matter, you can tell I am a modern kid. So by calling them boring is me being predjudice, I can't say ANYTHING till I sit down and watch. During this course I am going to watch some old films from the master of suspense Alfred Hitchcock, I am going to review them and label some of his conventions and by the time I have completed the course I will love them!
I will also be watching some more modern ones by David Lynch and reviewing them to! So lets get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment